Friday, June 01, 2007

Comments about Minutes to Midnight ( II ) - End

Okay, I'll continue my comments about Linkin Park's new album Minutes to Midnight hohoh... We stopped at track 6 in the earlier entry, so.. here we go again..

7. Hands Held High
"With hands held high into a sky so blue... as the ocean opens up to swallow you..."

Guess wad?? This song is a solo performance by Mike Shinoda! wakakaka.. LOLzz.. He sang the whole song by himself.. In this new album, Mike Shinoda sang in collaboration with Chester only for Bleed It Out hohoh.. That's why, I told you that Mike Shinoda is becoming more and more melodic here :P It begins with a rap.. as usual, another cool-rap style from Mike.. The drum played by Rob is another different and unique drum sequence.. It sounds more like 'marching band' or sumthin... In the background, Brad played repeated and continuous notes with his guitar... hoho XD den, near the end of the song, he sang a melody.. Yoshh.. I never heard him singing a melody before leh! hahaah... Diz is the very first time he is really2 singing .. not just rapping hahaha.. Thou he sings in a very2 deep vocal range (i.e a bass), that's still nice bro... hohoho.. Gratz to Mike Shinoda! I kinda like the melody sung by him near the end of this song man.. :D Finally, this song is simple, but nice.. :)

8. No More Sorrow
"No, no more sorrow.. I've paid for your mistakes.. Your time is borrowed..Your time has come to be replaced......"


Another 'rough' and 'tough' sounding song from LP hohoho.. This song is also a reminiscence of their old style.. nu metal.... :D hehehe.. I like the drum sequence and some effects in background hohoho.. Again, Mike Shinoda played the second guitar in this song... playing the riffs most of the time while Brad played the melodies and some riffs to support the second guitar in the chorus part. Overall, yeah, nice piece from LP ! and another head-banging song hahaahazz..

9. Valentine's Day
"So now you're gone, and I was wrong.. I never knew what it was like, to be alone..On a Valentine's Day........."

When I saw the title for the first time, I din have any idea about what this song is about, how is the melody and the style.. is it the very first 'mellow' song from LP .. yeah, many questions are echoing inside my head.. ahahaha.. But when I heard the song for the first time, my first impression was.. In the beginning, the song sounds uninteresting, and it's not a mellow song anyway.. (thou you see the title is about... Valentine's Day :P). It begins with solo guitar melodies played by.. not sure.. Brad I guess .. hohoh.. then the drum and the bass come in gently.. The mood of the song is rising from gloomy to bright.. and finally it goes to chorus part.. and the song ends.. When I listen to it again, the beginning part of this song is actually cool enuf man! hahaha.. In the chorus part, when Chester is shouting "on a Valentine's Day..." repeatedly, the mood is suddenly different.. Expresses voices from the hearts of ppl who are lonely on Valentine's Day.. LOLz huhuhu.. Well... Valentine's day is also a Friendship day rite.. :P dun haf to be so mellow den... hihihi.. :)

10. In Between
"Let me apologize to begin with.. Let me apologize for what I'm about to say.. But trying to be genuine was harder than it seemed.. But somehow I got caught up in between........."

Another solo performance by Mike Shinoda! wow... He is singing for the whole song! hahaha.. With his unique bass vocal range.. that's cool ! I heard, this song is one of the band's favorite.. that's why it is not left behind and is included in this album hahahaz.. Sometimes, songs need not to be so complicated and so skillful-sounding to attract people.. This song.. I can say, is VERY simple one yet it's nice! Background musics are all originated from turntable and effects played by DJ Hahn! hohoho.. The background melody somehow reminds me of an Aborigine traditional oboe.. :P (forgot the name :P) The vocal uniqueness of Mike is another added value to this song. So... KISS... Keep It Simple Stupid... hohoho.. :P :P

11. In Pieces
"So I, I won't be the one, be the one to leave this... In pieces......."

Hmm, the song begins with some effects.. including the percussion.. Not bad but it's kinda an OKAY for me dude.. I like the solo guitar melodies played by Brad in the middle of the song thou :P hehehe.. The drum played by Rob took over the percussion effect from DJ machine after a while.. hohooh.. Overall: nice arrangement and interesting guitar and drum techniques (they have really gone beyond their boundaries!) :D Sumthin' new from the band! hohoho.. Well, nothin' much I can comment about.. :P

12. The Little Things Give You Away
"Don't want to reach for me do you? I mean nothing to you.. The little things give you away......."

Wow, it starts with some effects from DJ Hahn and an acoustic guitar! haha.. They are completely evolving! Their music is getting more mature.. and skillful ... Yeah, this piece shows their skillfulness in playing their own music instruments! I like the drum sequence.. and the solo guitar played by Brad! This piece emphasizes his guitar techniques, other than just riffs.. and gives him more solo part :P This is really really another something new from them! It's not just plain nu metal with shouting and DJ effects here and there.. It's more melodic.. deeper in meanings... and it's the new Linkin Park! hohoho..


It's the end of my comments.. Recommended album this year... in my version :P


-i'm out..-

No comments: